Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I Saw an Old Friend Today...

Spent 3.5 hours on this old bird today. The venerable 1992 RB-2. This thing has taken me across Iowa, twice. I've rode centuries on it, raced cross, you name it. Now it is fitted with the most bitchin' White Industrie ENO eccentric hub, giving me the sweet 42 x 17 fixed wheel. Aired up the tires last night and rolled west today, out on Cedar Lake Road to Plymouth to McGinty Rd. E. Hooked around parallel to 394 to Crosby, then headed south to McGinty Rd. W., back thru Wayzata to Co. Rd. 15, to 19 to the Minnetonka LRT line back in to Mpls. Like a worn-in pair of leather boots, the RB-2 never lets me down. Eagle eyes will note the Hot-n-Ready sticker beneath the downtube...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet bike. Those Bridgestones are classics. My favorite bike ever was a Bridgestone MTB. Ended up selling it for drugs while at a low point. Regretted it ever since.

Hey I saw a joke today:

q: what's the hardest thing about learning to ride a fix gear bike?


a: telling your old man that your gay.